This Kerala Cop Let Go Of Her 'Rapunzel' Hair For Cancer Patients

Senior civil police officer Aparna Lavakumar did what a lot may shudder even thinking of. She let go of her Rapunzel-like hair at the drop of a hat. She has no regrets though; all she wanted was to restore smiles on a few faces that battle the odds of cancer.
Aparna, a senior police officer at the all-women police station in Irinjalakuda in Thrissur, Kerala, got her head tonsured and donated her knee-length hair so it can be turned into wigs for cancer patients.
Three years ago, she donated her hair for the first time. But this time around, Aparna wanted to go all out and do the maximum. Aparna didn't tell anyone about her plans except for the authorities to get permission. “Had I told someone in advance, some deterrent might have occurred. So I walked straight into a salon. After all, I do not consider this a big deal. People do greater things than this. I am not in a position to help anyone financially. This is my bit to help the needy," Aparna told News18.
Recalling the moment she asked for permission at N. Vijayakumar, head of Thrissur rural district police, Aparna said, “He asked me whether I was keen on letting go all of it. I was not bothered. My hair will regrow."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NMRC to Introduce e-Cycles, e-Bikes For Noida Metro Commuters

HTX Male Enhancement

Investi-Gator: World's First Ever Crocodile Spotting Drones Launched to Detect the Reptiles